Activist & Pioneer Nurse
Just a Brief Update on Our Meeting last Sept. 29, 4pm…
– Rose chaired and Candy provided the zoom with appreciation. At that time we could still gather and Bruce, Rose and I did so do at Lynn’s place
– A picture was taken of us with the wine from Megalomaniac Winery a big fund raiser for frontline workers and zoomed off
– Bruce shared thoughts on his successful luncheon Sept 12 with the retirees from Quo Vadis Alumni Nursing though numbers somewhat limited
– Lynn was invited to speak on Nightingale and did so with great enthusiasm
– Lynn also gave a report on the Nightingale Society activities
– Candy updated us on her engagements reenacting Nightingale
– Anne commented on the success of our Nightingale 2020 web with great traffic on it -will be looked at for viability post Dec this year
– Lynn emphasized the need to organize annual lectures at the universities -to be organized with letters sent out to universities in the Toronto Area
– Janet commented that the reporting process for incidents at work with reporting anonymously was not the success it started out to be and had some challenges
– Some reflection on past Nursing Week activities last May and the celebration of Nightingale’s Bicentenary though limited due to Covid -19
– Donna and Janet had great success -party hats and all (yes on zoom)
– Next meeting will be scheduled with a Feb date in 2021-date to be worked with
Nursing Week May 10-16, 2021 with Nightingale’s Birthday May 12
WHO have designated the theme as “Nurses: A Voice To Lead”, with the sub theme of “A Vision For Future Health Care” and ONA’s as “Still Standing, Still Fighting, Still ?”
Activities with the restrictions are being been planned with bookmarks and poster cards printed.
Please contribute to the web with an article or just your thoughts
Florence Nighingale 2020 @ Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) Biennial with Anne Clark and Cathryn Hoy:
Stay Tuned For Updates To This Website
We are continually updating this website so please visit often.
We hope to receive articles from members who have perhaps been influenced by Nightingale, or have comments in general about nursing and what inspires you, and they will be considered for use on our Website.
We would love to share your stories or comments about our website.